How does Life Transition Counselling work?
Life transition counselling aims to help clients get through emotionally taxing life changes using healthy and effective coping techniques. Below are a few of these techniques and goals therapists often utilize in order to help patients feel prepared for future life transitions.
• Engage in social interaction and support
• Stress management
• Identify and express feelings
• Remain connected to the benefits and necessity of change
• Accept change is a part of life
• Maintain a healthy routine
• Reframe thoughts
• Have realistic expectations
• Appreciate the benefits of change